Acknowledgments | The Philosophy Of Science by Steven Gussman [1st Edition]

        As my dedication implies, I am very thankful to my heroes and teachers, past and present for the education they provided me, sometimes through classes, often times through books.  In my personal life, I want to thank my family and friends for their support and discussions over the years.  This is especially true of my sister, Dr. Katie Gussman, for all of her many modes of support; and of my brother, musician Jake Gussman, for our interesting discussions.  I thank my parents for rearing me, and especially my mother for all of the many sacrifices she made to take care of her children.


        Several tools were useful in me in the creation of this books: Google Books (in particular, the ability to search key terms into books); Amazon and Barnes & Noble product listings for meta-data (such as publisher and publication year); YouTube's transcript function for making videos / podcasts searchable; OpenOffice Writer, OpenOffice Calc, and Paint.NET for providing open source solutions for writing, creating spreadsheets, and image editing; and Blogger for hosting my blog (and therefore the web-version of this book).


        Between a flawed memory and flawed search tools, I am always worried about missing a citation (non-obvious citations will even show up somewhere along the way, and then be lost again due to disorganization).  These and any other types of errors can be fixed quickly in the up-to-date online versions of these chapters, and more slowly as those changes may be rolled into future editions of the overall book.


Return to the Table Of Contents

Comments

  1. Change Log:
    Version 1.00 1/10/23 11:58 AM
    - Fixes:
    Thank Google Books, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble for useful metadata and content tools in the acknowledgements; thank Google blogger for hosting the book; thank OpenOffice Writer and Paint Dot Net for open source; and YouTube's transcript function [CHECK]
    - Changed title to "1st Edition"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Versions 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 1/10/23 12:06 PM
      - Fixed:
      Mention failing and fears of lost citations in the acknowledgements?
      - Fixed formatting

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table Of Contents | The Philosophy Of Science by Steven Gussman [1st Edition]

The Passive Smell Hypothesis

Planck Uncertainties